Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IT'S GONE!! HUGE problem, help would be appreciated!

to keep things easy to understand, I'll make this concise and to the point

background: I've been in school for 2 weeks. I take notes in class on my computer, as well as at home. I have a different folder for each year of school. I'm a senior now.

situation: Opened my computer today in my first class to start taking notes. Document couldn't be found. In fact, the entire senior folder is gone!

so then: I didn't worry, because I have a 2TB time capsule that I use every single day. after school I came home and accessed the Time Capsule. DESPITE 10+ BACKUPS PER DAY OVER THE LAST TWO WEEKS, AND EVERY OTHER DOCUMENT BEING CORRECTLY UP TO DATE, MY SENIOR YEAR FOLDER IS MISSING FROM MY TIME CAPSULE ENTIRELY! like it never even existed!

further: additionally, it's not on my iDisk either. so when it should've been accessible in three places, it's completely absent from all three

WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED?! how can it be completely gone from my hard drive AND from all 50+ backups over the last 2 weeks?!?!

any help would be UNIMAGINABLY appreciated!

Thanks!!

(by the way, my software is all up to date and I'm running the newest operating system (10.7.1))

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 2:49 PM

1 reply

IT'S GONE!! HUGE problem, help would be appreciated!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.