Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail rule won't run automatically

I recently moved the email out of Entourage and into Apple Mail for a company I do business for. All the Macs referred to here are MacBooks running 10.5.8

The company require that copies of all work emails sent and received are kept in the office for reference and also for backup purposes. Since they use POP email I used a rule in Entourage to forward copies of all their sent emails to the relevant managers. When I migrated them to Apple Mail I created the same type of rule but it won't run automatically.

Basically the rule states that if 'Any' email 'From Contains' 'whoever@companydomain.com' then 'Forward Message' to 'office@companydomain.com'.

If I select an email or emails in the 'Sent Mailbox' and 'Apply Rules' then the rule works perfectly and copies are forwarded to the relevant email address but it doesn't run automatically when new emails are created and sent.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 7:15 PM

5 replies

Sep 1, 2011 2:21 PM in response to BDAqua

Having more or less given up on finding the answer to this on my own and having batted some ideas around I decided to have another go at the rule and may have cracked it.

Basically I changed the rule to read 'If All of the ...... are met' then 'Account' 'Company Domain Email' + email 'From Contains' 'whoever@companydomain.com' then 'Forward Message' to 'office@companydomain.com'.

So far it seems to be working so I apologise if I have put you to any trouble

Apple Mail rule won't run automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.