Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign in to app store

We just got the iPod yesterday and I'm going nuts trying to buy a game. I sign in and it says I have to review the information. I say Review and it says I have to allow cookies in Safari. So I go to settings, safari, and it already has From Visited checked. So I go back to the app store, sign in again and it gives me the same message. I can't get past this step. I just want to play Angry Birds with the rest of the world. I am becoming an angry bird.

iPod touch, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 7:24 PM

12 replies

Aug 31, 2011 9:24 PM in response to vazandrew

OK, I created a new account and was able to buy something from iTunes. It shows in the iTunes library but it doesn't show on the iPod. Then I noticed that the games on the store were just iPhone or iPad. Did I download the wrong thing? So I tried, once again, to buy the game (Angry Birds still) from the iPod and it says it can't connect to the iTunes store. So I tried buying Spy Mouse and it gave the same message and then the game was there. So I went to try Angry Birds again and it said it was downloaded. Where? It doesn't show under Game Center. Well Spy Mouse doesn't either; it's just on the second page. I tried to log on to Game Center with one of my million IDs and it refuses to change. We bought this mostly because my husband needed a new mp3 player and he did get that working, but it would be nice to get the other things to work.

Sep 1, 2011 7:06 AM in response to Gilaman

I knew you didn't actually mean a million, but that doesn't help others trying to troubleshoot

So just to get clear with what is happening

Have you logged out and then tried logging in with one of your accounts on the iPod, on iTunes? (Try on both)

Have you tried searching for the apps on the iPod?

Try syncing to iTunes

Have you tried rebooting?

Sep 1, 2011 7:18 AM in response to vazandrew

Sorry, frustration brings out sarcasm. Anyway, I've done all those things. And some things work. I downloaded the barcode reader to the computer, plugged in the iPod and it moved right over. I downloaded Tips and Tricks for iPod Touch - same thing. Downloaded Angry Birds HD for iPad thinking/hoping that I had downloaded AB for iPhone and that's why it didn't work. It shows in my iTunes library but it's not showing anywhere on the iPod. Maybe I need to read up more on gamecenter. But everything that did move over just got its own spot on the desktop.

Can't sign in to app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.