Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flagged photos disappear from events

It seems sometimes when I flag photos within an event and post those flagged photos to facebook, via iphoto, the flagged photos *sometimes* get removed from the event and posted under "flagged photos" folder. Upon trying to copy them back into the event, I have no luck. Must I create an album of the event first, and copy from flagged to that? If this is the case, this is going to be VERY annoying. I had been wondering why I couldn't find the "good" pictures in some of my events, wondering where they all went. Having to make albums of all events is going to be time consuming.

iPhoto '08

Posted on Sep 1, 2011 7:53 AM

16 replies

Sep 1, 2011 8:37 AM in response to Yer_Man

I understand that, but the items that I am flagging are being "removed" from my events (some of them anyways) and the only place I have found these photos is under the "flagged" place. In order to reclassify them with the other un-flagged photos from that event, I am finding that I cannot simply drag or copy/paste them in to an event, I'm having to create an album from each event and drag them from flagged place to the album. I'm trying to figure out WHY they are being removed from my events, or perhaps there is some setting I need to change. It's not happening with all flagged photos though. I just noticed that my facebook albums, which I tend to make from flagged photos, have images that are no longer in the event page.

May 10, 2012 9:43 PM in response to cbeck07

The same just happened to me. This is how I solved it:

1. I went to the "Flagged" list to the left.

2. I selected the pictures that were not showing up in the original event.

3. Events --> Create event

4. Accept.

It created a new event with the flagged photos that were not showing up, and it placed the new event next to the original event with a name based on the date.

5. Dragged the whole "new" event to the original event.

Now it's back to normal... I hope it works...

Aug 2, 2013 8:44 AM in response to cbeck07

I have over 18,000 photos in about 400 Events. They represent the last four or five years of my work, and I too lost my Flagged photos folder when I upgraded to iPhoto '11. The new version simply doesn't recognize any previously Flagged photos because, when I go into each event looking for photos I had meticulously flagged, there is no record that I ever flagged anything. It's too bad that Apple didn't see this coming when it created iPhoto '11.

Key photos are another problem for users upgrading to iPhoto '11. I always selected a representative Key photo for each event so I could quickly see in All Events what was in each folder. Unfortunately I lost all those designations when I upgraded. This is not as big a pain as losing my Flagged photos folder, but it sure is discouraging to this photojournalist who makes a living taking pictures and...just as important...being able to find them again later.

Flagged photos disappear from events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.