Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Cannot connect to the App Store" error

Using my MBP, I can connect to the App Store with no problem. However, when I try opening the App Store with my iMac, I get an error: "Cannot connect to the App Store."

Moreover, I've just noticed that when I try to use Software Update, an error says that "Software Update can't check for updates because of a network problem." Curious error, since my connection is working fine - except for not being able to contact to the App Store and Software Update.

This is strange. Any suggestions?

Posted on Sep 1, 2011 12:41 PM

9 replies

Sep 2, 2011 5:29 PM in response to iTomi65

I just solved this problem, so at least I came up with a solution.

1. Do you use Little Snitch? If so, then that's the problem. Update to v 2.4.2 and everything should be fine.

2. Are you able to access iTunes and/or Software Update?

3. When did this problem happen? Did you install any updates or applications about the time?

4. Are you a new user of Lion?

Post here with your results...good chance all work out fine!

Sep 2, 2011 8:01 PM in response to Poikkeus

Indeed it was LittleSnitch the culprit. I initially checked the status of the Mac App Store in LS and noticed that it was allowing MAS access. I deleted that rule and started the MAS to see if LS will ask me the access and saw nothing, then I added manually into LS and... voila!

So I guess kudos for both of us 😝

I just noticed it today actually.

Had Lion the moment it was released.

"Cannot connect to the App Store" error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.