9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2011 8:27 AM by dancomor
Poikkeus Level 4 Level 4

Using my MBP, I can connect to the App Store with no problem. However, when I try opening the App Store with my iMac, I get an error: "Cannot connect to the App Store."

Moreover, I've just noticed that when I try to use Software Update, an error says that "Software Update can't check for updates because of a network problem." Curious error, since my connection is working fine - except for not being able to contact to the App Store and Software Update.

This is strange. Any suggestions?

Solved by Poikkeus on Sep 9, 2011 10:11 AM Solved

James,

You have it exactly right. All you have to do is update LS to 2.4.2 - a free upgrade - and you'll be in business again. As you've discovered, deleting plist files will have no effect, but updating will.

Post in this thread with your results!

Reply by Greg_The_Bunny on Sep 15, 2011 4:15 AM Helpful

Yep - that worked. Thanks.

Reply by James Calvert on Sep 16, 2011 7:36 AM Helpful

Having updated to LS 2.4.2 - Hey, presto!

All up and running again. Thanks.

All replies

• iTomi65 Level 1 Level 1

Same issue here as of today (Sept. 2-11). Tried: Different internet providers, Disk Permission, Reboot.. nada.. not connecting...

• Poikkeus Level 4 Level 4

I just solved this problem, so at least I came up with a solution.

1. Do you use Little Snitch? If so, then that's the problem. Update to v 2.4.2 and everything should be fine.

2. Are you able to access iTunes and/or Software Update?

3. When did this problem happen? Did you install any updates or applications about the time?

4. Are you a new user of Lion?

Post here with your results...good chance all work out fine!

• iTomi65 Level 1 Level 1

Indeed it was LittleSnitch the culprit. I initially checked the status of the Mac App Store in LS and noticed that it was allowing MAS access. I deleted that rule and started the MAS to see if LS will ask me the access and saw nothing, then I added manually into LS and... voila!

So I guess kudos for both of us

I just noticed it today actually.

Had Lion the moment it was released.

• joachimvdh Level 1 Level 1

Indeed, by updating Little Snitch, software update and the mac app store are working now.

iTunes worked always

I noticed it a few days ago, that i could not connect.

Thanks for pointing out the solution

• James Calvert Level 1 Level 1

I am having the same issue; however, having deleted Little Snitch, removed the relevant plist files (App Store and Software Update) from Library/Preferences and repaired Disk Permissions, I still encounter the same problem.

Did you solve this by simply upgrading LS or should what I have done work?

Thanks in advance.

• Poikkeus Level 4 Level 4

James,

You have it exactly right. All you have to do is update LS to 2.4.2 - a free upgrade - and you'll be in business again. As you've discovered, deleting plist files will have no effect, but updating will.

Post in this thread with your results!

• Greg_The_Bunny Level 1 Level 1

Yep - that worked. Thanks.

• James Calvert Level 1 Level 1

Having updated to LS 2.4.2 - Hey, presto!

All up and running again. Thanks.

• dancomor Level 1 Level 1

Blame it on LS. Thanks