Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband MIDI Help

Hi, I have Garageband 5.1 (not the latest version). I am trying to connect my Yamaha DGX-520 to my computer. I have a Mac Mini (2006).

Here's the problem. So I plug the cable (that came with the keyboard) from "To Host" (back of the keyboard) into the USB input on the Mac. On Garageband it says "1 MIDI Device Detected," but I don't know what to do after it.

Also, should PC Mode be on on my keyboard? When it's on or off, it doesn't change a thing.

I've downloaded the latest drivers from Yamaha's website. Also, in Audio MIDI Setup (Applications/Utilities), when I go to the MIDI Studio window, it gives me three pictures. An audio interface that says "Portable Grand" (my keyboard), Network, and IAC Driver. Portable Grand has little triangles under it, which the others don't. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Sep 1, 2011 2:09 PM

5 replies

Sep 1, 2011 2:38 PM in response to Christoph Drösser

Yes I have created a software instrument track and have tried to record it. No sound is anywhere. The green volume led light isn't going up or down, and there is no recording.

Edit: I reconnected the keyboard to the comp. and now it says "2 inputs are available." I played some notes on the piano and it worked, but then I clicked OK and it's not making any noise. When I turn off the keyboard it says "1 MIDI Input is available." On it says "2 MIDI Inputs are available."

Thanks

Garageband MIDI Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.