Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Battery has 109% capacity, is this ok?

I just got a new battery for my 13" white Macbook. It is an Apple Battery. I ran Coconut Battery and it tells me it has a design capacity of 5020 mAh but this has a capcity of 5486 mAh or 109%.

Is it ok? I contacted the place I got it (for $20 less) and they said it was built above factory specs. It is charging fine I just want to make sure.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 1, 2011 2:46 PM

4 replies

Sep 1, 2011 3:40 PM in response to mewkiss

Completly normal. I have a 1.5 year old MBP. Battery has 12 cycles on it as I only use it on battery once a month to keep the battery in good shape. After the 10th cycle, the battery went up to 102%. Now at 12 it's down to 101%.

I also have a MB that has 197 cycles. Last time I used it on battery, the health jumped up to 99% but only lasted two hours. After charging, it went back down to 96%and lasted 4.5 hours which was normal.

Sep 1, 2011 4:32 PM in response to mewkiss

Thanks to both of you. This is to replace my almost 3 year battery so I think I"m doing pretty good.

I've been reading up on the best way to use the battery. One person said use it battery only for 1 to 2 hours a day and the rest while plugged in. The thought on that was it was easier on the battery to recharge when it was slightly down then when it was all the way down.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

New Battery has 109% capacity, is this ok?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.