Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Audio and Video are out of sync in Final Cut 7, but playback correctly in the Quicktime Player and Adobe Premiere Pro?

The Audio and Video are out of sync in Final Cut 7, but playback correctly in the Quicktime Player and Adobe Premiere Pro

So that you know: this isn’t just in the timeline/canvas (sequence settings, etc); the clips are also out of sync in the viewer. This also rules out a rendering problem.

The plot thickens: The clips play back perfectly fine in Adobe Premiere Pro and Quicktime.

- And not just the clips - when I exported my project from FCP as an XML file, then imported the FCP project into A.P.Pro… and everything works fine, runs fine, and in sync.

To save you (my potential helpers) a little time:

I already went here

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1846

and deleting all the prefs doesn’t solve the problem.

Also: I fixed this before by going into A/V settings and changing the playback to built-in output. But it's not changing anything now.

I’ve started new projects in FCP, imported the same footage (which plays back fine anywhere else), and got the same results: out of sync.

For now, I’ll continue editing in A.P.Pro (though I have to say I feel like I am betraying Apple somehow...!😀)

Thanks much...!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), Processor 2.53 GHz Memory 4 GB

Posted on Sep 1, 2011 4:50 PM

21 replies

Sep 1, 2011 5:39 PM in response to Meg The Dog

1. Yes
  2. Consistently off
  3. NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Type: GPU

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0863

Revision ID: 0x00b1

ROM Revision: 3448

Displays:

Color LCD:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Cinema HD Display:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

And I am using the built-in audio.

Jam

Sep 1, 2011 6:14 PM in response to Jamal Morelli

10 Seconds! Holy Cow, that is way off.

What computer are you using? Do you have any audio external audio hardware, or are you listening via the computer speaker(s)?

If you go to the menu Final Cut Pro > System Settings and look at the Playback Control Pane, is the Frame Offset a small number - like say less than 10?

User uploaded file

In FCP, if you go to the View menu, External Video is set to off, and Audio Playback is set to Audio Follows Video?

I have to admit, I am running out of ideas if - on the same system the files play correctly in PP or Qt.

Have you tried creating a new Project and importing the files? It is possible the project may be corrupt.

MtD

Sep 1, 2011 6:32 PM in response to Meg The Dog

What computer are you using?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), Processor 2.53 GHz Memory 4 GB

Do you have any audio external audio hardware, or are you listening via the computer speaker(s)?

The computer speakers.

If you go to the menu Final Cut Pro > System Settings and look at the Playback Control Pane, is the Frame Offset a small number - like say less than 10?

It's at 4.

In FCP, if you go to the View menu, External Video is set to off, and Audio Playback is set to Audio Follows Video?

They were already on that setting, yes.

Have you tried creating a new Project and importing the files? It is possible the project may be corrupt.

Yes, I did create new project and import the files again. Same thing.

I have to admit, I am running out of ideas if - on the same system the files play correctly in PP or Qt.

Yes, it's quite vexing; like I mentioned, I've successfully exported the sequence/timeline with the troublesome files inside to P.Pro, where it plays without a hitch.

Thanks for sharing in the banging of heads, MtD....

Sep 1, 2011 8:21 PM in response to Jamal Morelli

I'm as confused as everyone else, but there are a couple of things I would try

Create a new user in system preferences: accounts. This will sometimes shake things up.

Try taking one of the files and use compressor to convert to prores. Not at my edit system at the moment, but don't use any of the web versions, but there's one that will pass thru all your settings (pixel dimensions, frame rate, etc.) and see if that file plays correctly.

Sep 2, 2011 1:31 PM in response to Patrick Sheffield

@ Patrick - It doesn't start exactly in sync, but yes, I can see that it is definitely closer to being in sync in the beginning than later in the clip.

It was working at one point, yes. Even while I had Lion going, though it's a good question as to whether any changes might have happened after the last update.

Thanks for the questions.

The Audio and Video are out of sync in Final Cut 7, but playback correctly in the Quicktime Player and Adobe Premiere Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.