Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

802.1x PEAPV1 (EAP-GTC) not working on Ipad/Iphone

I am currently working on deploying 802.1x at a remote location for a University. We use Cisco WCS to query a LDAP server. Apparently the Iphones and Ipads are unable to connect using 802.1x PEAP. We have both PEAPv0(EAP-MSCHAPv2) and PEAPv1(EAP-GTC) turned on but our LDAP server only supports EAP-GTC. Does anyone know which PEAP version the Ipad/Iphone supports?😕? I have included output from the Iphone Configuration Utility while I tried to connect.

Fri Sep 2 10:54:50 ********** eapolclient[150] <Notice>: peap_verify_server: server certificate not trusted, status 3 0

Fri Sep 2 10:54:50 ********** Preferences[141] <Warning>: -[WiFiManager(Private) _enterpriseAssociationResult:withInfo:] event: 3

Fri Sep 2 10:54:50 ********** Preferences[141] <Warning>: -[WiFiManager(Private) _enterpriseAssociationResult:withInfo:]: User Information required

Fri Sep 2 10:54:55 ********** Preferences[141] <Warning>: -[WiFiManager(Private) _enterpriseAssociationResult:withInfo:] event: 1

Fri Sep 2 10:54:55 ********** Preferences[141] <Warning>: -[WiFiManager(Private) _enterpriseAssociationResult:withInfo:]: EAPOL failure

THANK YOU!!!

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 8:20 AM

1 reply

Mar 20, 2013 3:27 AM in response to raudesj

I am having the same issue..

Whenever i am trying to connect my iphone to a WPA2-Enterprise network, it by defaults connects through the MSCHAPv2 Auth protocol, whereas my LDAP supports only GTC auth protocol.

But there is no option to change the encryption type when configuring a WiFi.

Requesting to please update as to how connect to the WiFi.

Thanks in Advance.

802.1x PEAPV1 (EAP-GTC) not working on Ipad/Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.