Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error code 1015

error code 1015 help =(

iPhone 3GS, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 9:31 AM

8 replies

Sep 2, 2011 9:34 AM in response to rene arturo

There is no help you can get from this forum.

Error 1015 occurs when trying to restore a previously jailbroken phone or trying an unauthorized downgrade of the firmware or baseband.

Jailbreaking voids your warranty, and Terms of Use of this forum prohibit the discussion of jailbroken phones.

You will have to search the internet for help with your problem. Keep in mind there may be no solution and that you may have permanently "bricked" your phone.

Best of luck.

GDG

Nov 6, 2011 12:19 PM in response to rene arturo

In my case I have an Iphone 3G. My mum got it unlocked legally by the old provider and gave it to me. The phone worked fine with my SIM card but couldn't find any Wi-Fi networks (a common problem in 3G). I read here that the solution to this problem was restoring the phone to factory settings. So I did and now I have the error 1015 in a NON-jailbroken phone. What can I do?

Feb 12, 2012 2:34 PM in response to cumbix

Unlocked legallay and unlocked legitimately may be 2 very different things. If she took it to a shop, even one run by her old provider, and walked out with it "unlocked" it was NOT legitimately unlocked.

In some rare instances, error 1015 is an indication of a critical hardware failure and the phone will require service.

Feb 13, 2012 2:28 PM in response to shahid95

If it was a guy in a shop, That is ALL they could have done. Legitimate unlocking by a carrier is handled completely differently and can take anywhere from several days to several weeks depending on the carrier.

A request is made to the carrier to unlock and any required fees are paid. If approved, the carrier forwards the relevant information to Apple, who adds the phone to their database of unlocked devices. Apple then notifies the carrier who sends a text message to the end user telling them this is complete. The user must then insert a foreign SIM in the phone and plug it into iTunes, where they should get a message that the phone has been unlocked.

Mar 21, 2012 2:43 PM in response to rene arturo

This error is typically caused by attempts to downgrade the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch's software. This can occur when you attempt to restore using an older .ipsw file. Downgrading to a previous version is not supported. To resolve this issue, attempt to restore with the latest iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch software available from Apple. This error can also occur when an unauthorized modification of the iOS has occurred and you are now trying to restore to an authorized, default state. Very rarely this error is caused by a hardware issue and requires service.

error code 1015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.