Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cache folders not visible

Has anyone else noticed that the cache folders are not visible under OS X 10.7? I found a forum where a user had posted a supposed 'fix' by using the Termial App, and the following command:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

However, this did not seem to work for me.

As an aside, I bought my frist Apple IIe when I was in 7th grade, been a LOYAL Apple user ever since. However, Lion just flat out *****. No pretty way to say it. Hangs, Safari crashes, email crashes, Time Machine hang ups, etc, etc, etc.... If I had a dollar for every minute I have sat and whatched the pinwheel................

Thanks for any help/advice.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 9:43 AM

6 replies

Sep 2, 2011 11:32 AM in response to léonie

Yes. That must be the issue. When I tried your suggestion, I received the following message:

The file /Users/yourHome/Library/Caches does not exist.

I first noticed this issue when I was trying to locate the cache folder for Opera (browser). I can see it is saving files to `Library/caches/Opera/temporary files. I just can't locate the Opera cache folder.

Thanks for the suggetion.

cache folders not visible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.