Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification required on Apple TV

I continue to get the message: verification required, when I try to purchase a movie on apple TV.

I have repeatedly gone back and reset my payment info.

This problem is saving me hundreds of dollars, as I cannot purchase anything on apple TV.

Maybe my problem should be the solution to money spent on apple TV?

this problem is so stupid and since I use all mac products, we are all headed to the infernal **** of stupidity in the IT world?

anyway, anybody else get this problem of verification required?

Thanks,

easy to use apple customer.

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 11:12 AM

The verification often relates to confirming your credit card 3 digit security code in iTunes by logging into the account in iTunes on your computer - this is a newish thing from Apple when you purchase on new devices.

I found when I updated mine last that it wouldn't accept the update until I added my title which had reverted to blank.

AC

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2011 11:12 AM in response to laserweed

The verification often relates to confirming your credit card 3 digit security code in iTunes by logging into the account in iTunes on your computer - this is a newish thing from Apple when you purchase on new devices.

I found when I updated mine last that it wouldn't accept the update until I added my title which had reverted to blank.

AC

Jul 2, 2015 9:02 AM in response to laserweed

I was dealing with this during the imusic launch and furiously troubleshooting cursing Apple as they were no help BUT I digress, you may want to stry logging into the actual itunes APP from your laptop. I never open mine anymore, hence imusic!

I tried two things that lead me to MY solution and it may be yours as well.

When logged into your itunes account app on your laptop access your "account info" by clicking on the drop down menu on the right upper hand of the window.

Update your account info if needed otherwise just verify your security code info and click done. In my case this prompted a red window that told me this computer needed to be authorized and that in order to complete my appletv purchases, I would need to complete the following steps:

Access the "authorize this computer" option from the store menu on the top left area of the window.

I discovered all of my stolen/damaged laptops totaled 5!! This one was not authorized as it was a gift from my partner.

So I deauthorized all computers. Whether you need to do this varies. I would consider what other apple devices you have before taking this route.

Now I finally go back to my apple tv yet again and......SUCCESS!

Mind you this all started with the CREDIT CARD DECLINED message which is where my journey began so this should also be a troubleshooting item for that as well. Please pass on and oh yeah, I don't get the watch!!!

I hope this helps some of you! Happy Independence Day!

Verification required on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.