Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fail to connect to orange livebox france

I am having trouble connecting to an orange livebox wifi in france. My ipad 2 detects the livebox but when i enter the password it says unable to connect to livebox. Tried tons of times so im sure im typing it in right. Does anyone know if theres a way to connect?

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 12:36 PM

Try some of the suggestions here: iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

If you need more help please give more details on your network, i.e., your router make, model and version, the wifi security being used (WEP, WPA, WPA2), etc.

Does your iPod Touch work on other WiFi networks?

If your security is WEP note the section of the above document that says:

Check the wireless security option of your Wi-Fi router:

• If you are using WEP security and have multiple WEP keys on your Wi-Fi router, try configuring your Wi-Fi router to use only a single WEP key in key index 1.
  • Consider using WPA or WPA2 instead. WPA and WPA2 encryption protocols are newer, more effective security options for wireless networks than the older WEP protocol.

Also, WEP passwords which are not exactly 5 or 13 characters in length (for 64 or 128 bit WEP) are not processed the same by all Operating System and may be incompatible between systems.

See: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1344

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2011 12:36 PM in response to san225

Try some of the suggestions here: iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

If you need more help please give more details on your network, i.e., your router make, model and version, the wifi security being used (WEP, WPA, WPA2), etc.

Does your iPod Touch work on other WiFi networks?

If your security is WEP note the section of the above document that says:

Check the wireless security option of your Wi-Fi router:

• If you are using WEP security and have multiple WEP keys on your Wi-Fi router, try configuring your Wi-Fi router to use only a single WEP key in key index 1.
  • Consider using WPA or WPA2 instead. WPA and WPA2 encryption protocols are newer, more effective security options for wireless networks than the older WEP protocol.

Also, WEP passwords which are not exactly 5 or 13 characters in length (for 64 or 128 bit WEP) are not processed the same by all Operating System and may be incompatible between systems.

See: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1344

Sep 2, 2011 2:02 PM in response to san225

San,

It depends on the Orange Livebox you are trying to connect to.

I have experience iconnecting my IPad 2 to two different Liveboxes.

The first way was to ensure that you are typing the password in correctly, and when I say this, I mean exactly correctly. The mistake that it took me a while to figure out was that I was inputting lower case characters when the password was all uppercase (and numbers). Therefore the password is case sensitive.

That was enough for the first one.

The second one was a little more tricky. Basically, you get to the point whe you have to input the password, input the password but don't press enter or go (therefore type in the password but don't actually submit it). When you have done this, you have to then reset the livebox. There is a small hole on the back of the box that you need a pencil or something small to press the button. When. You have pressed this, you then wait a few seconds and submit the password.

Hopefully one of theses should work.

Steve

fail to connect to orange livebox france

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.