Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth and Razor Orochi mouse skips, stutters...

Hi everyone, it looks like I got some issues with my MBA 11" (mid-2011).

I bought a mouse(Razor Orochi) and I'm having some difficulties using it via Bluetooth. I mean that it's definitely usable, but it is very innacurate when I try to get somewhere precisely.

Symptom:

In a nutsheel, the mouse doesn't have consistent speed. If I move the mouse from left to right, the cursor would move at a normal speed on the screen for like a second, then it has small bursts of acceleration (jitters). The mouse doesn't got at a consistent speed and when I try to select an icon, or a file, more often that not it goes past it. Very annoying!!

This only happens when I use the mouse wirelessly (Bluetooth) with OS X Lion.

Other test:

Fortunately, the mouse comes with a wired mode as well. All you do is plug in the usb cable in the mouse, and voilà, you are connected like a wired mouse.

-When plugging the mouse in the computer via USB, it works flawlessly with OS X Lion

I also tested with Bootcamp, to see if the problem was hardware (Bluetooth device could have been faulty)

-Using the same MBA, under Windows 7, the mouse works flawlessly via Bluetooth. Heck, I can't even tell the thing is wireless!

Conclusion:

1-That excludes the possibility of a hardware failure from either my mouse, or the Bluetooth/motherboard

2-OS X Lion plays my mouse flawlessly when connected through USB, thus I doubt it's the "way OS X deals with mice" (Which I've heard before)

The only options I see here are:

1-OS X Lion has bad Bluetooth drivers? (Windows drivers were working fine after all)

2-OS X Lion has issues dealing with wireless mice?

Here are the steps I've taken

-Updated my Orochi mouse to the lastest driver AND firmware

-Of course, everything in my MBA is up to date (10.7.1)

-I've also tried the SteerMouse Application, no luck.

-Called both Apple and Razor, no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.1), MBA 11" i7 1.8Ghz 4gb Ram,128gb SSD

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 11:47 AM

2 replies

May 17, 2014 10:25 AM in response to JSP66

Actually I have done some testing myself and found that the Orochi does this on Windows as well. I'm trying my luck with razer as the mouse has done this on two different compuuters with do different OS's. That tells me that the problem is in the mouse. Agains different motherboard and bluetooth cards and everything. I also found that the jumping around (jitters, skipping) happens worse if I let the batteries go. If you keep the indicator light in the green it actually happens less. That is if your expiriencing the same thing I am. Hope it was slightly helpful. 🙂

Mar 2, 2015 3:09 PM in response to JSP66

I was having issues with my Orochi when I enabled bluetooth and used my bluetooth apple keyboard. The cursor would sometimes randomly drift. When I plugged the cable into the mouse, everything was flawless.

Today I disconnected my bluetooth keyboard and turned bluetooth on/off.

The mouse works in bluetooth mode now without any drifting.

Time to get a new keyboard, its about 5 years old anyway.

Bluetooth and Razor Orochi mouse skips, stutters...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.