Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Keeps Downloading the Same Emails

As of this morning, Mail (v4.5) keeps downloading the same emails over and over. I've got my delete setting to delete after one week (not immediately after download), but this has never been an issue before. In fact, I have multiple email accounts that access the same mail server, but only this one account is having this issue. I've gone in to my mailbox via Mail2Web and deleted all the messages in case it was some kind of corrupt email causing the issue. But as new emails come in, the problem reappears--the new emails are downloaded over and over. This is with a POP account.

I would think it'd be a server issue, not a Mail issue, but none of my other accounts that access the same mail server are affected. Any suggestions?

3GHz Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 12GB RAM

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 3:39 PM

Ok, found a solution, as outlined by Satchmo here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2358024

2 replies

Mail Keeps Downloading the Same Emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.