Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound Sync Problem in Final Cut Pro

I've recorded an interview using two identical HDSLR Cameras set on the exact same frame rate (25FPS) and I've also recorded seperate Audio on an Edirol R44 Sound Recorder at an Audio rate of 48khz and now I'm having trouble syncing the Audio with the Video, it starts off okay but then as the video plays it gets out of sync by one frame every 20-30 seconds until eventually it's out of sync completely by the end. The weird thing is that the audio is showing a data rate of anywhere between 93.7 and 94.1k/sec

Any ideas?

It's driving me nuts! :-(

Intel iMac 21.5" 32GB iPhone 4, 60GB 4G iPod, 8GB Nano, Apple TV, 32GB Wifi iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 8GB Ram

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 2:29 PM

5 replies

Sep 2, 2011 3:16 PM in response to apple-lovin-it

I'm having the same issue with the synch. I'm not as savvy as you with the settings though. I'm so very new to this. I have had a few people suggest that I use a program called Plural Eyes. that it takes care of all of this for you. It's something I'm trying because I'm pretty stressed out by this issue.

just a thought.

Sep 3, 2011 5:29 AM in response to apple-lovin-it

We see sync questions often so you can try searching. Bit and data rates do not affect sync. Only frame rate and total length are factors. Your audio track was recorded or ingested at a different frame rate than your video. How that happened is not important, figure it out on your next project. Find the precise length of your video track. Find the exact length of your audio track. Change the speed of the audio so the length changes to match the video. Should only be 1 or maybe 3 percent, not enough to change pitch. Plural eyes, never used it, but I think it just syncs multiple tracks for ease of use in multi clipping.

Bogiesan

Sep 4, 2011 10:25 AM in response to David Bogie Chq-1

You can use Soundtrack Pro to alter the length of the track without effecting pitch. My understanding is that if your default easy setup is set for a different frame rate than the one you're working in, that an audio file will come in with the wrong frame rate. You might try making sure your easy setup has the correct frame rate and reimporting the file.

Sound Sync Problem in Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.