Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

msntest.serving-sys.com error

Hello people,

I have a problem with this following message:

"Adobe Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation.

The following local application on your computer or network:

javascriptarent.payload1040

is trying to communicate with this Internet-enabled location:

msntest.serving-sys.com

To let this application communicate with the Internet, click Settings.

You must restart the application after changing your settings."

I tried to install again but no good luck! I was watching www.mtv.com when i got this message.

Before I didn't had that message. It is since today.

Does somebody has the same problem? Or go to that site and click a movie or something if you get the same error, send a reply back.

It is enoying to see that message everytime..

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 3:35 AM

Fairly common this, it's an embedded ad stream. Siteadvisor reports it as leading to spam and other problems so Flash Player blocks it. Your "error" is the correct response to this rubbish.

Whatever you do, do not let it communicate.

If you have the latest player go to the preference pane, click advanced tab and delete all the local files using the Delete All... button.

Also in the front tab set to "Ask me before" to prevent auto downloads.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2011 3:35 AM in response to Jay Asistio

Fairly common this, it's an embedded ad stream. Siteadvisor reports it as leading to spam and other problems so Flash Player blocks it. Your "error" is the correct response to this rubbish.

Whatever you do, do not let it communicate.

If you have the latest player go to the preference pane, click advanced tab and delete all the local files using the Delete All... button.

Also in the front tab set to "Ask me before" to prevent auto downloads.

Sep 3, 2011 3:48 AM in response to Jay Asistio

It's Flash's own cache you need to clear, ver. 10 install a pane in System Preferences that I was referring to, earlier versions you can right-click on any Flash item and select Settings. In both cases set to "ask" and empty the "local storage"

Even then it may not go away...but we can hope!

Sep 7, 2011 9:56 AM in response to Jay Asistio

If you keep going to the same site it will reoccur, it may not if you follow the instructions in my second reply referring to the Flash cache, not Safari cache. However I can't confirm it as I don't use mtv.com myself and as I stated, it is the correct behaviour from a security point of view.

Your other option is to complain to mtv.com for hosting the ad stream, it may work...

msntest.serving-sys.com error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.