Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unpardonable iPad buying experience

I was beaten and threatened tonight when I tried to collect my newly bought iPad2 from Apple Store. I tried to complain on phone but there's nobody to answer. Nor is there any email I can find on Apple's web page to complain. This is the only place I can find to leave a message, and I wish Apple to follow up on this matter and contact me promptly and directly.

I bought my first ever Apple product, iPad2, on 31 Aug 2011 via Apple Store. The processing was fast. On 2 Sep morning, while I was sending my kids to school, DHL delivered the product to me without calling me first. The courier left a message for me to pickup at a warehouse myself on the following day.

Fine, I go to the warehouse (Yun Fat Warehouse in HK) tonight, 3 Sep, at around 8pm.

After entering at ground floor, I followed the road signs all along to go to a lift to reach 1/F. The entrance to the lift was covered by a cage made of iron wire. At first sight, I cannot notice the cage and walked past its entrance. Within a few meters I found I was on the wrong way as there is no lift visible. So I go back and just about I was to go inside the cage, a workman dragged me from behind.

He spoke dozens of foul language at me and asked me to leave, and accusing that I'm not allowed to walk inside the warehouse, hinting that it's an act of theft. I told him that I'm collecting parcel at DHL and I must go into this "cage" to take the lift. This man became crazy at me and forced me to leave by another path. I neglected him. Then he caught me by hand on my back and tried to hit me hardly. I know I'm not a match for him, and I kept walking fast to the lift and luckily he didn't chase me through.

I launched a complain to DHL immediately. The store manager accompanied me downstair to identify the man. When he saw me, he became furious at me, threatened me seriously, and indeed rushed at me trying to beat me. I was, frankly, afraid and I ran upstair to their office (without taking lift) leaving the manager to deal with this insane person.

Now, Apple, I'm launching a complain to you. I trust your reputation of bringing good shopping experience and proud of ownership to your customer. Can you explain to me:

(1) Why won't your service delivery give me a phone call first so that I can at least arrange a person at home to collect my iPad?

(2) Why won't the courier try a second time before asking me to a warehouse very far away without any public transport?

(3) Why I follow your road signs but end up bumping into a madman threatening to beat me and, indeed, had physically hit me at the back?

(4) Your road sign is not clear (ask the store manager Mr Chan please) -- it's blocked by the wires. A normal person wouldn't, and can't, go into a cage at this situation, right?

(5) I went through 3/4 of the perimenter of the warehouse and cannot find a door for customer entrance. I feel really sick to visit such a place, to walkthrough half-way of a big and dark warehouse only to reach the entrance, which is a cage.

(6) Mr Chan clarified with me that this man is not a staff of DHL. But now, Apple, you asked me to go to a place to take my product (which I'm already disappointed). I end up threatened and beaten. These all happened for your sake, and I believe Apple, you have the overall responsibility.

I was very stressed and frightened. I'm sure if I see this man again alone, he will certainly beat me hardly. And I'm very sure that he remember my face -- that means I will never visit the warehouse again to pick up any Apple product. Even if this man see me in the street, I'm quite sure that he'll try every effort to beat / threaten / humiliate me.

I ordered this iPad for my wife as a gift on her birthday (2-Sep).

But I ended up receiving my iPad very, very threatened, stressed and humiliated. I was ma-treated physically (this man hit me once) and psychologically, for I'm still feeling very, very upset and angry on this incident.

Would Apple customer support personnel please call me to settle this matter. I'm truely disappointed with you, Apple.

My Order Number: W245578818, Tracking Number: 7328055803.

iPad 2, Complain on product delivery

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 9:00 AM

3 replies

Sep 3, 2011 10:19 AM in response to Ah Sam

As Chris said, if you were assaulted this is a matter for the police.

Beyond that you have an issue with DHL. Apple does not own that company they merely use their services under contract for delivery. I don't know of any delivery company that calls before they attempt to deliver and you can track the package online and get an idea of what day it will be delivered.

Apple will not be able to do anything to help you.

Sep 3, 2011 12:40 PM in response to Ah Sam

You were threatened and beaten by someone who had no connection with a courier company that Apple uses to deliver their goods. Do you really believe this is the responsibility of Apple?

If I go to the post office to collect a package, and get assaulted by a stranger outside the post office, it is the fault of the person who sent the package? This appears to be your claim.

Unpardonable iPad buying experience

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.