Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen zoomed in

My iPhone 3 Gs is stuck with the screen zoomed in and I cannot see the entire screen to do anything because the screen is so zoomed in.Help I have reset and done a software restore w/ no success.

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 12:49 PM

7 replies

Dec 6, 2013 2:42 PM in response to tonygiang

If your three fingers are not working, try triple-clicking Home. If that still doesn't work, I'm afraid you're stuck. To fix it, first restart your phone. If that also doesn't work, plug your phone into your computer and back it up to iTunes. Once the backup is complete, unplug it if you want, then hold Power and Home together. After the screenshot flash, keep on holding. When the screen darkens, the power-off slider has appeared-keep holding. Eventually, your screen will display an iPhone charger cord with an arrow pointing to the iTunes software icon. If you've unplugged your phone, plug it back in. iTunes will inform you that it has detected a device in "recovery mode", and will prompt you to restore the iPhone to factory settings. Go to the device on the iTunes program, then choose to restore it. Once your iPhone is brand-new, DON'T GO SETTING IT UP. Having multiple devices registered under your Apple ID, when it's actually just one phone, is confusing and not necessary. On iTunes, a screen will appear prompting you to either set up the device or select a backup. From the drop menu, choose the backup of your phone, and follow the steps to get your iPhone right back to the way it used to be.

I know this works for iPod Touch 1-4 generations, and for iPhone 1-4S. I'm not sure above that.

Oct 8, 2015 8:39 PM in response to NickiLollipop

I found the problem: the screen does not identify the three taps just anywhere on the screen. Start at the top and tap three times, go across horizontally, don't give up, keep taping, move on down a half inch or so, and start the three taping again. My phone released the zoom when I tapped three times at the top of the screen. Don't give up. It will work. I know how frustrating this can be, but it does work.

screen zoomed in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.