Skip navigation

How can I re-Install iPhoto?

20059 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 8:32 AM by Terence Devlin RSS
1 2 Previous Next
Quantum3 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 3, 2011 1:06 PM

Hi guys, I know the question seems easy but happens that I have upgraded to LION OSX from the APP Store and the installer installed on the mac iPhoto. i deleted the app after the installation but now I would like to re-install it again but cannot find how. Any clue?

Thanks in advance!

Ø3

MacPro Hapertown, Mac OS X (10.7), 8 cores 8 GB RAM
  • LarryHN Level 9 Level 9 (54,895 points)
    Sep 3, 2011 1:08 PM (in response to Quantum3)

reinstall iPhoto -  reinstall from the restore disks that came with your computer - do a custom install of bundled software only

For more information  <a href="http://www.macworld.com/article/132243/2008/02/pacifist.html"> click here for the MacWorld article on reinstalling OS X applications.</a>

LN

Sep 3, 2011 1:18 PM (in response to Quantum3)

reinstall from the restore disks that came with your computer

Nothing was said about the Lion install disk - iPhoto does NOT come with any OS upgrade - DVD or App store - it comes as stated on the restore disks that came with your computer  --  or on an iLife disk if you have purchased one

LN

• immo Level 4 Level 4 (1,850 points)
    Sep 3, 2011 2:38 PM (in response to Quantum3)

but since Lion already comes with them, I would like to restore from there, because are upgraded versions.

if you downloaded/upgraded to Lion from the app store it won't include iLife '11 , you have to purchase separately iLife'11

Here's what Lion comes with :http://www.apple.com/macosx/apps/

In fact, I found in the web that you can ask for these apps from the App Store if you haven't required them with the Lion Installation by clicking some "accept" button that I cannot find.

Only if you just purchased a new mac these come with you new mac,

If something has been downloaded/installed already on your mac from the App Store, the price tag will be replaced with an Install button in case these have been accidentally deleted

I believe LarryHN is clear on this

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1), 27''3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
    Sep 3, 2011 3:35 PM (in response to Quantum3)

You are incorrect - iPhoto (or any iLife applications)  are on all new Macs and upgrades are sold separately from OS upgrades - neither Lion nor Snow Lepard OS ugrades include iLife apps

If you read the App store description of the Lion software no where does it mention iPhoto - iPhoto simply is not part of Lion and was not a part of SL either)

The solution to your question is very simple and has been given twice now

reinstall iPhoto -  reinstall from the restore disks that came with your computer - do a custom install of bundled software only - or install from purchased iLife disks or from iPhoto purchased from the App store

Now three times

There is no other way

LN

• immo Level 4 Level 4 (1,850 points)
    Sep 3, 2011 3:41 PM (in response to Quantum3)

Just out of curiosity - by uninstall you don't mean removing the apps from the dock right?

If that is the case, check your applications folder :P

Sep 3, 2011 4:31 PM (in response to Quantum3)

What ever you say

iLife is seperate and does not come on any OS upgrade - Lion or SL or any other

If you choose to keep beating this dead horse go ahead - you hae the only answer there is - your choice whether you accept it of not

LN

Sep 3, 2011 5:06 PM (in response to Quantum3)

And it is exactly what it should be - iLife is not part of Lion - ou must reinstall form the original disks or purchased applications (disk or App store)  - what you describing is exactly what happens - and unless you reinstall iPhoto you will not have it since it is not a part of the Lion upgrade

LN

1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.