Previous 1 2 Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2013 8:32 AM by Terence Devlin
Quantum3 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi guys, I know the question seems easy but happens that I have upgraded to LION OSX from the APP Store and the installer installed on the mac iPhoto. i deleted the app after the installation but now I would like to re-install it again but cannot find how. Any clue?

Thanks in advance!

Ø3

MacPro Hapertown, Mac OS X (10.7), 8 cores 8 GB RAM
  • LarryHN Level 9 Level 9 (61,930 points)

reinstall iPhoto -  reinstall from the restore disks that came with your computer - do a custom install of bundled software only

For more information  <a href="http://www.macworld.com/article/132243/2008/02/pacifist.html"> click here for the MacWorld article on reinstalling OS X applications.</a>

LN

• Quantum3 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

thanks for the link, mate. Will read it now. The problem is that Lion doesn't came with a DVD, it's just bytes that you can download from the App Store. I have the Snow Leopard DVD, where iPhoto is, but an older version.

Thanks for your time!

Ø3

reinstall from the restore disks that came with your computer

Nothing was said about the Lion install disk - iPhoto does NOT come with any OS upgrade - DVD or App store - it comes as stated on the restore disks that came with your computer  --  or on an iLife disk if you have purchased one

LN

Well... I bought the Lion OSX in the App Store and installed also iPhoto, Garage Band and iMovie as far as I remember. In Snow Leopard DVDs I have the same apps and I can restore them from there, but since Lion already comes with them, I would like to restore from there, because are upgraded versions. In fact, I found in the web that you can ask for these apps from the App Store if you haven't required them with the Lion Installation by clicking some "accept" button that I cannot find. However, Lion already installed on my mac these apps, so I would like to recover iPhoto back, which is the topic of this post.

Thanks,

Ø3

• immo Level 4 Level 4 (1,850 points)

but since Lion already comes with them, I would like to restore from there, because are upgraded versions.

if you downloaded/upgraded to Lion from the app store it won't include iLife '11 , you have to purchase separately iLife'11

Here's what Lion comes with :http://www.apple.com/macosx/apps/

In fact, I found in the web that you can ask for these apps from the App Store if you haven't required them with the Lion Installation by clicking some "accept" button that I cannot find.

Only if you just purchased a new mac these come with you new mac,

If something has been downloaded/installed already on your mac from the App Store, the price tag will be replaced with an Install button in case these have been accidentally deleted

I believe LarryHN is clear on this

Hey pal, thanks a lot for the info, but who knows how, when I upgraded to Lion OSX it also installed Garage Band, iMovie and iPhoto and guess what, I already had unistalled these apps from the time when I upgraded to Snow Leopard, which were unistalled when I bought the Mac with Leopard; so each time i have upgraded the OS, these apps where installed by default ¿? a mistery...

Will check the Snow Leopard DVDs.

Thanks for your reply!

Ø3

You are incorrect - iPhoto (or any iLife applications)  are on all new Macs and upgrades are sold separately from OS upgrades - neither Lion nor Snow Lepard OS ugrades include iLife apps

If you read the App store description of the Lion software no where does it mention iPhoto - iPhoto simply is not part of Lion and was not a part of SL either)

The solution to your question is very simple and has been given twice now

reinstall iPhoto -  reinstall from the restore disks that came with your computer - do a custom install of bundled software only - or install from purchased iLife disks or from iPhoto purchased from the App store

Now three times

There is no other way

LN

• immo Level 4 Level 4 (1,850 points)

Just out of curiosity - by uninstall you don't mean removing the apps from the dock right?

If that is the case, check your applications folder :P

Hi Immo,

I use App Cleaner for unistalling programs.

Ø3

LN,

I've unistalled those apps a couple of years ago, and when upgraded to Lion, those apps were installed, believe or not, that was the case.

Ø3

What ever you say

iLife is seperate and does not come on any OS upgrade - Lion or SL or any other

If you choose to keep beating this dead horse go ahead - you hae the only answer there is - your choice whether you accept it of not

LN

I'm not discussing, just describing what happened when I installed Lion.

Ø3

And it is exactly what it should be - iLife is not part of Lion - ou must reinstall form the original disks or purchased applications (disk or App store)  - what you describing is exactly what happens - and unless you reinstall iPhoto you will not have it since it is not a part of the Lion upgrade

LN

That's the strange thing, LN. Somehow, Garage Band, iMovie and iPhoto were installed with the Lion upgrade. The same happened when I isntalled Snow Leopard. i don't know why that happened but it was that way. Anyway, do you know if iPhoto shares the same photo library than Aperture or it creates a new one? I mean, I don't want to waste hard disk space on double libraries.

Thanks,

Ø3

Previous 1 2 Next