Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder Services menu missing

I have Mac OS 10.6.8 on a Mac Pro and a Macbook Pro. I have PGP Desktop installed on both. On the Mac Pro, PGP Desktop functions show up in the Finder Services menu which allows me to encrypt a file with a control-click on the file. On my MacBook Pro, when I control-click on a file, there is no "Services" choice available. How do I get the "Services" menu to show up?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 4:32 PM

5 replies

Sep 3, 2011 7:55 PM in response to rickf101

See if the item is listed in the Services preferences. If it's there it's checkbox needs to be checked. In the Finder, go to the Finder menu and select the Services hierarchical menu and in its submenu select Services Preferences. Look at the appropriate category and items in the right pane of the window that comes up. Look for your missing service there. If not there perhaps there is some pgp preference you set in one machine and not the other.

Finder Services menu missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.