Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The disk is not journaled.

"The disk is not journaled. You must enable journaling using Disk Utility before using the Boot Camp Assistant.", now the big question is, WHY?? Here's the story, I had Windows 7 under bootcamp, then i learned my college had a students version of VMWare, so I backed up the few files in the Windows partition, blasted the partition to kingdom come, and set up a new VM, The thing is that both Windows and Mac ran slow while using VMWare. So again i got the files back on a flash drive and removes the virtual machine, and uninstalled VMWare. Now that I want to go back to bootcamp, i get this message "The disk is not journaled. You must enable journaling using Disk Utility before using the Boot Camp Assistant." So i checked disk utilities, and my volume is already journaled. Any help, suggestions, i already repaired permissions, repaired the disk, and defragmentated my disk using TechTools Pro 6. Thank you very much. 🙂

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 7:07 AM

Repair Permissions

I don't go for defrag, no you are best off with backup + erase + restore to really do the job and consolidate free space.

and of course you need to have backup; you need to defrag while booted from another drive too.

why didn't you just tell Fusion to use the old Boot Camp partition to begin with??

Have not see this error btw in a long time, use to be more common, and the BCA is pretty lame tool.

Paragon CampTune 9.5 $19 is to resize but also do the install and do a better job. BCA was never a great partitioning tool. Now you need it also to download drivers, which I assume you have.

And yes a VM is always going to be slower and share resources.

You didn't need to blast. People dual boot and use Fusion. Both.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2011 7:07 AM in response to Chrris Hardy

Repair Permissions

I don't go for defrag, no you are best off with backup + erase + restore to really do the job and consolidate free space.

and of course you need to have backup; you need to defrag while booted from another drive too.

why didn't you just tell Fusion to use the old Boot Camp partition to begin with??

Have not see this error btw in a long time, use to be more common, and the BCA is pretty lame tool.

Paragon CampTune 9.5 $19 is to resize but also do the install and do a better job. BCA was never a great partitioning tool. Now you need it also to download drivers, which I assume you have.

And yes a VM is always going to be slower and share resources.

You didn't need to blast. People dual boot and use Fusion. Both.

Sep 4, 2011 7:14 AM in response to The hatter

I like your idea of the brand new start. I just need a new externad HD. One last question, there are a couple of different options for formatting the internal HD, there is Mac OS Extended(Journaled), Mac OS Extended(Case-Sensitive, Journaled),Mac OS Extended(Case-Sensitive) and Mac OS Extended. Which would be my safest bet, so this problem doesn't come up again?

Sep 4, 2011 8:26 AM in response to Chrris Hardy

Erase and use the default. No need to choose. No rocket science.

And that is erase the raw full drive name (WD.... HST)

I sort of doubt there is a real problem now.

When did you boot from a Mac OS DVD or hard drive and try running disk repair?

Before doing anything, and step #1 in starting with Boot Camp Assistant.... is backup. And every day. And before doing anything. Before installing, and again after.

I'd just not rely on one backup set; or method.

The disk is not journaled.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.