Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my episodes from my season pass on my Apple TV?

Last week I purchases the season pass for Doctor Who Series 6, Pt 2 whereupon I immediately was able to download the first epsiode in the series. Right now, the second episode is available to purchase, but I cannot find a way to download the episode to my AppleTV. I have not received an email notification about the episode yet like I did with the first one. Does this mean that I have to wait for that email before I can watch the episode on my Apple TV? Even though the episode is available for others right now? If that is the case, then I am regretting my purchase of the season pass. Can someone please tell me I'm missing something here?

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 1:23 AM

3 replies

Sep 4, 2011 3:47 AM in response to bestusername

I have had that problem before too.

You can check for available downloads on your account by either logging into your account or by clicking on the "store " Drop down menu in iTunes and selecting "Check for available downloads option ."

Please note, It can take a day or so for the email to show up but usually if it is available for download to the public you can usually get it. I have opened up a ticket when I don't get the episode after a few days. (That has only happened once for me)

Good luck!

Sep 4, 2011 8:42 AM in response to calattery

that's great and all, but is there a way to get it to stream straight from the cloud? I have the same problem, where we purchased the season pass on apple tv, got the first episode immediatly via stream (on the apple tv), itunes synced and downloaded it later that day. Now this week, I have to download it first to itunes and play it on the apple tv through the computer? Why can't I just stream it from the cloud like i can any other episode i've purchased?

Really, that's kinda inconvient and misleading, that the show isn't availible on the device that I originally purchased the show on. Will it ever be, or is the only way to watch a season pass purchase on the apple tv through home sharing via itunes?

How do I get my episodes from my season pass on my Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.