Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hate Lion grey icons, want to get back colored icons

Just switched (a test on a seperate HD) to Lion. Like most people I use customised colored Icons as part of navigating quuickly. In the sidebare it is all boringly gray.

I seen some of the discussions about this hot topic but found no permanaet solutions. Anybody know any?

MBP, MM, MBP - 10.6 + Windooz XP on a hard partition

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 4:35 AM

11 replies

Sep 4, 2011 11:28 AM in response to ChangeAgent

No. If you want to report this issue to Apple's engineering, send a bug report or an enhancement request via its Bug Reporter system. To do this, register as an Apple Developer—it's free and available for all Mac users and gets you a look at some development software. Since you already have an Apple username/ID, use that. Once a member, go to Apple BugReporter and file your bug report or enhancement request. You'll get a response and a follow-up number; thus, starting a dialog with engineering.

Sep 21, 2011 5:05 AM in response to ChangeAgent

I also wanted colours back!!

I got this from a colleague: go to http://osxdaily.com/2011/08/25/get-color-sidebar-icons-back-in-mac-os-x-10-7-lio n-finder-windows/

These are the steps:

Works like a charm, I'm a happy -colourful- Maccer again!

Hate Lion grey icons, want to get back colored icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.