Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail and Archive 'folders'

So here is the question:

I have been using Thunderbird as my email client for some time, with good success. But with the release of Lion, and some of the new features in Apple Mail, I decided to try the Apple email client again, and I like it quite well.

But one feature that I used in Thunderbird was the ability to create 'saved folders' to save previously read email. So I could have a folder named 'reciepts' or 'medical' or 'bills', etc. to quickly be able to find a saved email by category.

So while I do love the new Apple Mail, I cannot figure out how to duplicate this feature. Apple Mail does not seem to have the ability that I can find to duplicate this functionality, which I think is critical. It does have the 'Archive' feature, which is nice, but I need to be able to create sub-folders within the Archive folder.

Can someone offer insite into options to add this functionality, unless I am missing something?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 9:26 AM

5 replies

Sep 4, 2011 9:33 AM in response to Docal97

Since you don't bother to tell anyone what's on the other end of your mail, it's hard to advise you. But you can certainly create any number of folders you like to keep mail in, without having to use the Archive folder. Either locally on your Mac, or remotely on the mail server (if, for example, you are talking to an IMAP server).

I'd look at MsgFiler, too.

Apple Mail and Archive 'folders'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.