Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Master template

Hi, when I try to open a master template in FCP7, the program close it without open the master template. It also happens with Motion, I can't open any master template, because the program fails. Does anybody know why?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 9:40 AM

8 replies

Sep 6, 2011 11:21 AM in response to makinhard

There are basic troubleshooting steps to take before we can figure out what's going on

Repair permissions

Run diskrepair on all drives. You'll have to boot from an external drive or run of the OS install disk to repair startup drive. If you've got diskwarrior, run that on all drives.

Try creating a new user account (system preferences: accounts) and try again.

Are all drives formatted macosextended?

Are you working with any fcp unfriendly formats like h264?

Sep 12, 2011 5:40 AM in response to makinhard

So just to review: Motion crashes when you try opening templates in FCP as well as opening directly in Motion. And although you haven't confirmed this, I'm assuming that at one time you were able to access templates w/o problems. Also assuming that FCP and Motion are behaving normally apart from the template issue. And you've tried ALL of the systems diagnostic and repair suggestions that Michael and others recommended.

Are all software updates current for your FCP 7 and Motion 4?

Perhaps someone will have other ideas but at this point - if I were in your situation - I think I'd reinstall Motion (both the program and the content).

Russ

Sep 13, 2011 3:11 PM in response to Russ H

I bought the MacBook Pro and the FCS 7 five months ago but I couldn't have never open any master template because always Motion was closed.

I've already tried to reinstall Motion (both the program and the content), all the software is updated (FCS 7 and MacOs), I ran diskrepair on all drives and I tried trashing preferences.

Thanks for you interest.

Master template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.