Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) on Windows 7 w/ Bootcamp 4

Please see below for what comes up constantly while doing work on the Windows 7 side of my iMac while running Bootcamp 4.

So here is my setup:

Brand New 27" iMac (just got it new in August 2011)

Intel core i5 2.7 Ghz

8GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6770M

I am running Lion latest version on Mac OS X side.

I installed Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 with Bootcamp 4.

I loaded the drivers like I am so supposed to with my Mac Disk.

When in Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, everything works fine for the most part, except sometimes it just freezes up and the BSOD pops up (see below for exact message)

It's completely random. Sometimes I can play a hardcore 3D war game or an MMO for 6 hours with no problem, sometimes I am just watching a video on youtube for a minute and it just stops.

I called Apple, they don't really care. They said to start from scratch and do a full clear and reinstall, so I did. I cleared my Bootcamp partition, then I made a new one and completeley reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium. I have done this 4 times. I have also tried to make new disks for the updated drivers for my installation on Windows side. The problem persists.

Everything is completely updated and all the newest patches and versions are installed on both the Windows and Mac side. I am at a complete loss as to what to do with this.

I cannot update my video card from within Windows - Apple must provide the updated drivers themselves. In fact, I can update NO drivers of the iMac hardware from the Windows side.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 6:11 PM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2011 6:26 PM in response to Zach Stokes

One person had iffy 3rd RAM.

You updated AMD graphic driver too to 11.8+ right? not just Apple's.

Plenty of free space for Windows to play with.

Do a chkdsk

Boot from Windows DVD and run memtest and also do system check

Restore points are better used, and image Windows

Rollback drivers works well, too

Some had trouble after NetFrame 4? update in Windows (but not on my 3 computers)

Apple drivers can be iffy and buggy

AppleHFS.sys has been known to be trouble. HFS allows for filenames that NTFS won't.

Paragon has HFS9.x driver that adds write support and does a better job

BC 4.x is still it seems trouble for more than a few (but obviouslly not in the 10s of thousands)

Constant BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) on Windows 7 w/ Bootcamp 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.