Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro with Lion OS X starts twice… why?

Since yesterday night my MacBook Pro with Lion OS X starts twice…

When tuning on my Mac the machine starts normal the gray wheel spins - nevertheless after a short while the Mac restarts (note: the computer has still been showing the gray startup screen with the Apple logo). When the Mac made the restart the machine starts normal and the usual logon screen appears.

What happened… and what to do..?

MacBook Pro, N/A

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 8:30 AM

6 replies

Sep 5, 2011 8:47 AM in response to ARSECPH

Before changing hardware, try resetting your SMC and PRAM.

SMC reset:

Power off machine.

Press and hold SHIFT-CONTROL-OPTION and the power button for 10 seconds; then release.

Power on.

If the above didn't help, do the PRAM reset next.

PRAM reset:

Power off machine.

Power on machine and immediately press OPTION-COMMAND-P-R (while screen is black and no startup chime) and keep them pressed until you hear the 2nd start up chime; then release and let system boot.

Sep 5, 2011 8:55 AM in response to ARSECPH

Well, it worked for me. I did got a new cpu and some other parts changed/replaced on the logic board. I did it myself and it was lots of fun too having the entire machine disassembled while replacing and adding some new parts. For me is just a hobby to have the logic board modified. Lion works great and also I don't have any compatibility issues anymore.

MacBook Pro with Lion OS X starts twice… why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.