Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV does not show up in iTunes

Suddenly I can no longer find Apple TV in my devices in iTunes. I have even gone to extreems by resetting my Apple TV (first generation) to factory settings, blowing away anything that I had originally stored on it. No way can I get it to show up so that I can pair my desktop and Apple TV. I use to be able to do this but all of a sudden no more. I have an airport so I was doing this wirelessly. Now, no icon for Apple TV apears in devices in iTunes. I can sync my iPhone and iPad, they show up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 4:09 PM

4 replies

Sep 5, 2011 8:34 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I did add VirusBarrier X6 (which I thought about later might be the culprit). I have also updated to Snow Leopard. I can get YouTube ok. So I know the Apple TV is connected to the internet ok. When I go to share library it comes up with the passcode numbers to put in, however there is nowhere to put them in my iTunes because Apple TV does not show up in my devices. I have my iPhone and iPad but cannot no TV.

Apple TV does not show up in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.