Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting duplicates

I was trying to move things around in albumb and accidently copied pictures to the wrog album before getting them to the correct album. When I deleted them from te wrong album it also deleted them from te correct album. How do I delete from one album and not the other?

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 7:14 PM

8 replies

Sep 6, 2011 5:17 AM in response to rkstiens

To remove an image from and album but not actually delete it use Photos->Remove From Album rather then File->Delete Version.

Note Photos->Remove From Album will only appear if you are viewing a version in an album.

You can also use the delete key by itself, command-delete behaves differently, to remove a version from an album. Again if you are in an album with a version selected the delete key will remove the version from the album but not delete it from the library.

Nov 23, 2011 11:23 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

OK, still trying to figure Aperture out.

I have created an album in which I have placed several photos to make a calendar. I now would like to delete the pics that I do not wish to include in the calendar.

However, the delete key does not work; likewise the Photos-Remove from Album is grayed out so I can't remove the image.

Can you help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

lsb

Nov 24, 2011 8:25 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

I don't think so.

Maybe you can help me understand something. In iPhoto when you edited an image in an album, the edits changed wherever the image was (in multiple albums)-does the same happen in Aperture?

Also, I ran this program called Duplication Annihilator and it came up with 3359 dupes but only 2200 originals-I'm afraid to delete the dupes in case I lose something. Does Aperture include invisible photos that I might now be aware of?

Thanks again.

Nov 24, 2011 8:56 AM in response to lsb

lsb wrote:

I don't think so.

Well knowing is better then guessing.😉

Maybe you can help me understand something. In iPhoto when you edited an image in an album, the edits changed wherever the image was (in multiple albums)-does the same happen in Aperture?

Yes

Also, I ran this program called Duplication Annihilator and it came up with 3359 dupes but only 2200 originals-I'm afraid to delete the dupes in case I lose something. Does Aperture include invisible photos that I might now be aware of?

Thanks again.

No Aperture doesn't have 'invisible' images in the library. However it is possible to filter out images in any Browser so it is possible that you are not seeing all your images at any one time.

At this point it appears that you have more questions and concerns then what you indicated in your first post. As it is really not a good thing to hijack others threads I would suggest at this point that you start a new thread specifically geared toward your situation.

regards

deleting duplicates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.