Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seriously. Slow down the credits help!

I've read a ton of your answers to this question in the archives, and still have yet to solve the problem. I understand how to make the credits roll slower, I understand you have to extend both the background and the text. The problem is that when I extend both to about 20 seconds, the credits are finally rolling at a pace I am happy with, but the text is finished by 9 seconds and I have 11 seconds of black background! Which I do not want for obvious reasons. When I tried to only get rid of the black background, everything changed to a 10 seconds frame and the text was back to scrolling far too quickly for anyone to read. This problem needs to be fixed. As I don't think it is anything I am doing wrong, the whole feature itself is messed up.

iMovie '09-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 8:45 PM

3 replies

Sep 6, 2011 8:15 AM in response to haltiamava

haltiamava wrote:

.... As I don't think it is anything I am doing wrong, ...

hmmm ... :

2 lines of text in 20sec = slow

20 lines of text in 20 sec = not so slow

2 lines of text in 5secs = fast

2 lines of text in 50sec = way too slow 😉

What I want to tell you here:

the 'speed' depends on LENGTH in min:sec of clip AND of amount of lines ... -

if you have many lines of text, make the clip longer = slower.

you can NOT expect to scroll an amount of text 'slow' within 3secs, that's nonsense.

remember school:

speed = distance (here; amount of text) x time (here: 'length' of clip) .. .

and a credit-title starts and ends with 'emptyness'.- or, you overlay it over some video ... -

Oct 28, 2011 2:21 PM in response to haltiamava

Haltiamava, I think I know what you mean in that there is a long delay before and after the scrolling text is displayed which you are trying to reduce. Unfortunately I've also been struggling with this.

If you shorten the timeframe for the text it simply scrolls faster but you still have the delay before and after the text is displayed.

I've tried adding more empty lines before each line of text but the emptyness before the front and back of the body of the text remains the same.

Karsten, thanks for your comments but in my case I have transitions between the scrolling text so overlaying doesn't work, plus I already have text laid out for the video which can't be overlapped.

Does anyone know if there is any option in iMovie 11 to specify the time period 'before' and 'after' the scrolling text is displayed? If not why not!

EDIT: Just noticed this is a question in iMovie 09 - which means this issue still hasn't been fixed in iMovie 11

Nov 7, 2011 11:32 AM in response to richvid

One possible workaround for extra space at the end of the scrolling text might be to Share > Export Movie, save it to the desktop and open it in QuickTime, trim off the tail end where you want it to really end. This could also be done by creating a New Project in iMovie with only just the scrolling titles, export that to the desktop and trim the head and tail to the length you want. Import that shortened/trimmed version back into iMovie then put it at the end of your 'real' full length project.

Seriously. Slow down the credits help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.