Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are Kindle books store under Lion?

Used to find books under Documents/My Kindle Content. under Lion this does not seem to be the case. Have they been moved or hidden?

Regards

John

Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 9:49 PM

6 replies

Sep 5, 2011 10:28 PM in response to jvq

I have Kindle version 1.5.2 installed (which is the most recent version) and it stores it's data in ~/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content. You can get to the user Library folder by pulling down Go, while holding down Option, and clicking Library.

As far as I can remember the application has never stored it's eBooks in ~/Documents.

Dec 6, 2012 6:03 PM in response to jvq

If you use the Mac App Store version it's now located here: ~/Library/Containers/com.amazon.Kindle/Data/Library/Application Support/Kindle/My Kindle Content

This is using Kindle app version 1.10.3 and running 10.8.2

If you access it often go to finder and drag the "My Kindle Content" folder to the left hand sidebar for easy access.

This took me forever to figure out, Amazon really tried to hide it this time around!

Where are Kindle books store under Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.