Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting audio out via Thunderbolt and MBP 2011

Hey everyone.
Last week I went to an Apple Store and picked up a brand new 15" Macbook Pro and this Kanex cable:

http://www.kanexlive.com/mdphd10ft

I was told by Apple employees that this cable would support audio through my Thunderbolt port. However I just plugged it on my Panasonic LED Full HD 32" TV and I got no audio. Does anybody have a clue why? Is there any sort of settings I need to check somewhere? This doesn't make much sense to me.

Can anyone help?
Thanks!

Macbook Pro 15" 2011-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.1), OWC SSD 120GB + 500GB HD + 8GB RAM

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 10:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 11:46 PM

Go into System Prefernces (Apple in the Menubar and select System Preferences)

Select sound

User uploaded file

Select Output

Then select the option in the list that says HDMI (Mine does not show the HDMI choice because I am not using it now... you must be connected for it to appear in the list)

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2011 11:46 PM in response to FabioDias

Go into System Prefernces (Apple in the Menubar and select System Preferences)

Select sound

User uploaded file

Select Output

Then select the option in the list that says HDMI (Mine does not show the HDMI choice because I am not using it now... you must be connected for it to appear in the list)

User uploaded file

Getting audio out via Thunderbolt and MBP 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.