Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot leave a review on Mac App Store

Hi - Despite buying a game from the Mac App Store, I cannot leave a review. I have seen other people with the same problem - anyone found out how to fix this. I am currently being given the run around by the Mac App Store Customer Support, so I thought I would try here.

MacBook Pro/Macbook, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 12:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 12:49 AM

Are you running in to issues with the program itself? It might be best to try and contact the developer.

6 replies

Sep 6, 2011 7:16 AM in response to Matari

Well I am now getting irritated with the mac app store 'customer service' - the latest advice is to uninstall and reinstall itunes - how is that going to help? They are obviously working towards a script because one of the emails advised me to go back to the developer for help - all i want to do is leave a positive review for a game i have bought. I can leave a review of Lion, but not the game. I feel like I am back into a BT nightmare where it didnt matter what I said, they 'customer service' people just replied by script. It is so frustrating not to be able to talk to a real person. Bad form Apple.

Sep 6, 2011 7:40 AM in response to Matari

Ok, finally got an answer from a supervisor:

Thank you for reporting this issue. A number of our customers are experiencing a similar problem. Apple is currently working toward a resolution for the issue you have reported. Unfortunately I am unable to offer a timeframe as to when this issue will be resolved. I highly recommend you keep your Mac updated incase we release a newer patch for the Mac App Store.

May 13, 2012 11:02 AM in response to Matari

I've been having the same problem... with the same response from Apple. I have a developer friend that has an app up on the Mac App Store. He's aware of at least three people who purchased and have attempted to write a review (including me) but it never appears or gets "accepted".

The developer contacted apple about this. Apple responded by sending the reviewers here...

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/

Why iTunes support? Maybe the issue might have to do with the reviewer's account. Or they are in fact just reading from a script. I'm gonna go ahead and post something at iTunes support but have a suspicion I'll just be send back here.

This is all very dissapointing as like any developer, he needs good reviews. Maybe Apple can put a little more into this... seems it would be worth the 30% cut they take.

Anybody?

Cannot leave a review on Mac App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.