Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I backup FCPX projects to NAS?

Hi!

I have a Qnap 809 NAS that I would like to use for backing up my FCPx projects.

Apple encourages us to use FCPx for moving and duplicating projects, but this seems impossible when dealing with a NAS.

So - how do I backup my work to a NAS ? 🙂

Is it as simple as copying / moving the given event- and projects folders to the NAS from Finder?

OR - will manually moving files corrupt the database of Final Cut Pro X, like it would in, say, Aperture?

Thanks 🙂

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 1:50 AM

3 replies

Sep 6, 2011 3:36 AM in response to Kenneth WedMore Lund

Is it as simple as copying / moving the given event- and projects folders to the NAS from Finder?

Yes, it is that simple.

I'd advise you to look into some sort of automated backup solution, as it can be hard to remember to manually do this on a periodic basis. Some NASs support time machine, which is how I back up my projects/events. Another free/low cost (donationware) option is Carbon Copy Cloner, which normally is used to back up entire drives but can be set up to just copy specific directories on a schedule.

How do I backup FCPX projects to NAS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.