Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

loops won't show

Hi

My Loops dissapeared from my loop browser (i.e. it's greyed out), I guess I must of clicked onsomething without realising what the consequences were/are (LOL). When I click on the Loop browser it just tells me it can't find them and asks me to re-install them!

I (of course) can see them in my audio folder (home/library/audio/apple loops etc) so I assume you don't need to re-install. However, how do I get them back into my Garage band - and - Logic which is what I more often use.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. i'm still on Tiger and so using 3.0.4. But that shouldn't make a big difference.

p.s.s. I'm on Logic Express 8.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 5:02 PM

Same thing recently happened to me (in Logic 9). I went to the loops folder in Finder and dragged the whole folder into the loop area in Logic. It took a while, and I walked away, but upon my return the loops were all there where they should be. Try it.

2 replies

Sep 7, 2011 12:13 AM in response to BobGus

Hi BobGus

Great, it worked straight away - and it sorted out the loops in Garageband also?????!!!!!

Normally they'd be found in the Garageband folder inLibrary/Application Support/etc so there must be something there about the order you (re) install loops...... mmm Interesting. I guess, which nobody here seems to have noticed, or been able to explain, that there must be a hierachy in the file system somwhere. When you install and run Logic on your system it uses the same Apple Loops as GB, but changes their placement in the Libray, storing them in a new (and neutral) directory 'library/audio/apple loops' and NOT in Garageband.

Well I hope if anyone else has the same problem they'll notice this posting. Big thanks again BobGus.

loops won't show

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.