Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scan in an item and print at "actual size"

Hi all,

I am making a photobook that includes scanned images, including newspaper clippings, drawings, and most importantly, a baby's footprints. We would like for the footprints to be actual size in the final printed book. Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 5:31 AM

First of all, I do not condone placing your child's foot on the scanner bed.

You specify the size of the photo boxes in inches. So you could either note down the size of the original image of the foot print in inches and then create a photo box that is the same size. You also could include a ruler in the scan and then when you place the image crop out the ruler but make certain that the box size is correct.

The only place where the photo box will not be exactly as you specify it, is on the dust cover. The images on the dust cover are slightly magnified compared to the hard cover.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2011 5:31 AM in response to Social Sentry

First of all, I do not condone placing your child's foot on the scanner bed.

You specify the size of the photo boxes in inches. So you could either note down the size of the original image of the foot print in inches and then create a photo box that is the same size. You also could include a ruler in the scan and then when you place the image crop out the ruler but make certain that the box size is correct.

The only place where the photo box will not be exactly as you specify it, is on the dust cover. The images on the dust cover are slightly magnified compared to the hard cover.

scan in an item and print at "actual size"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.