Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any 3rd Party Application(s) to export to tape?

Heya guys. Hope production has been treating you all well. I'm kind of in a jam here where for some reason both my sony dv decks have stopped working via firewire. I currently need a third party application(if one exists) that can export a ProRes file to DV Tape. I'm about to go through the pain of reinstalling FCS 7, but I've asked a friend to come by with his cam for me to export a program to tape. I reinstalled my OS as a last ditch effort to see if that was the problem, sadly, it wasn't. So I can only conclude that my decks are... swabed. 😝

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 2xQuad-Core 3GH, Memory 4 GB, ATI Radeon X1900

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 2:28 PM

11 replies

Sep 6, 2011 3:05 PM in response to Nick Holmes

That's strange then Nick. Almost all my timelines are in a different codec setting. I just figured FCP just plays em back through DV signal which is why all these years I've been able to export my ProRes timeline to mini DV tapes. Premier Pro did it as well...H.264 is another story. Been trying to switch over to FCPX lately so I don't wanna have to reinstall FCP 7 if I don't have to... or Premier for that matter. I don't mind converting the clips to DV but the question still remains, do you guys have any apps to export to tape?

Any 3rd Party Application(s) to export to tape?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.