Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting ps file to pdf w/o adobe?

I somehow (don't ask me how, because I have no idea...) I saved an adobe digital editions ebook as a postscript file. I want to be able to put a pdf on my ipad. I've tried apps like txtr and bluefire but they don't work. So, I have this postscript file and when I try to open it in preview, it brings up a conversion window. When the conversion is done, it says it's processing. Then, preview just closes (and no it wasn't frozen or needed to be forced quit)

So my question is how do I convert this ps file to a file that can be read on my ipad? I don't want to be some adobe software to do it because I'm a high schooler and don't see a reason for dropping 100+ bucks on a one time thing

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 5:34 PM

8 replies

Sep 6, 2011 6:08 PM in response to Csound1

I saw that, but the file is 1.85 gbs.... The original adobe drm file is only 45 megabytes, so I have no idea why this happened. Also, I know that this file was working because it popped up on my screen today as the entire ebook but in preview (I could never do this with the original file) Then preview froze and I restarted the computer, and now I'm stuck at this point

Sep 6, 2011 6:35 PM in response to schroeders12

schroeders12 wrote:

I somehow (don't ask me how, because I have no idea...) I saved an adobe digital editions ebook as a postscript file.

I have an idea 🙂. Tsk...tsk...

I want to be able to put a pdf on my ipad.

Have you checked with your copyright holder on that? Clearly, as you mentioned later on, the goal here is to remove the DRM from the document so you can copy it. You've done that, but now the image version is almost 2 GB in size and is too large to load.

The reason this is so difficult is because it was meant to be difficult. Check your original document and see what rights you have to it. That is all you can do. It is against the Terms of Use for Apple Support Communities to discuss ways to remove digital rights from protected works.

Converting ps file to pdf w/o adobe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.