Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New user profile

Can anyone tell me how to create a new user in FCP? I looked in the user prefs and systems settings and searched the manuel. I'm thinking maybe it just corresponds to the mac user that is logged in. If so, how do you create a new user on the mac? I'd like to try this before doing new settings for a new project under my user name, and before I delete prefs to reset becuase I hate to do that when I'm in the middle of several projetcs.

Thanks, Catherine

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), FCP 7.0.3

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 9:55 PM

I can't tell you anything about FCP. But to create a new user account in OS X:

1. Open Accounts preferences in System Preferences.
  2. Click on the lock icon and enter your admin password as prompted.
  3. Click on the Add [-] button to create a new user account.

Configure the new account using the input window provided. Click OK when completed. If other users than yourself will use the account configure it as a Standard or Managed account.

Click on Login Options to configure for the new user. Turn off auto-login. This will force all users to login when the machine is started or restarted.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2011 9:55 PM in response to catrina77

I can't tell you anything about FCP. But to create a new user account in OS X:

1. Open Accounts preferences in System Preferences.
  2. Click on the lock icon and enter your admin password as prompted.
  3. Click on the Add [-] button to create a new user account.

Configure the new account using the input window provided. Click OK when completed. If other users than yourself will use the account configure it as a Standard or Managed account.

Click on Login Options to configure for the new user. Turn off auto-login. This will force all users to login when the machine is started or restarted.

Sep 7, 2011 12:49 AM in response to Kappy

Thanks very much for your help. I am wondering if I am logged on as a new mac user does that automatically make you a new user in FCP?

I remember in Avid if you had problems to troubleshoot, you would create a new project to see if the corruption was in the project, then create a new user to see if the corruption was the user. So that's where I'm coming from.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

New user profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.