Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open html or PDF file from iWeb09

Is it possible to create an object in iWeb09 that will open a html or PDF document filed in MobileMe in Safari or Adobe Reader or is it only possible to open the document if it is published as a web page? Ant.. 🙂

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 1:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 9:04 AM

An html file that's uploaded to the server can be opened simply by creating a hyperlink to it.

A PDF will do the same in some browsers. Firefox is now the most popular browser and it won't open them so its better to use something like Google Docs...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/Website-Email-Marketing/Google-Doc-Viewer.html

8 replies

Sep 7, 2011 9:43 PM in response to Roddy

Thank you for your help Roddy.

I have copied the html files to my public dropbox folder copied the public link url to iWeb and it works perfectly. For me Dropbox is an interum solution until iCloud is released and tested against my purpose.

I would have to say that the iWeb 09 Hyperlinks processing in the Inspector does does not appear to work as one would expect because it would not accept any changes to the Apple default URL until I 'Made hyperlinks active' and then went back to the URL input and changed it to my link address. I would have thought that you made the input the URL first then made the Hyperlink active not the other way round.

The next step in the process is to move my Website to another Service provider given that Apple to date appears to have been silent as to their web hosting plans. Ant.. 🙂

Sep 8, 2011 12:06 AM in response to adnixon

Well, there is no point in waiting for iCloud to be released because Apple has already stated that it will not contain hosting in the same way that MobileMe did, so look for a new host for your site now - there are many from HostExcellence, GoDaddy, MacHighway and lots of others.

You do not need to make your hyperlinks active for them to work - just create them and then publish your site.

Open html or PDF file from iWeb09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.