Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid node structure or key lenght

Hello

My iMac was OK but ...

- once I switched to MacOS Lion, i was obliged to reformat HDD before installation because of "invalid node structure" found ...

--> Everything was OK ... Until now :

Today, my widgets did not work...

- I check Library/widget folder : the finder froze during 30sec and show me a Zero kB folder ...

- Disk Utility asked me to reboot because of Hard drive issues that need to be repaired

- Reboot via Lion "Recovery" disk : Disk Utility has issue with "invalid node structure" and can not go further ...

- I relaunched Disk Utilty repair : it then have an "invalid key length" error and can not proceed repair ...

--> what can I do ? Any additional checks ?

--> is my HDD dead ? My iMac is only 9months old !!

Thanks in advance ...

iMac Core i3 - 21,5 Inch, Mac OS X (10.6.5), iPhone 4 4.2.1

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 2:25 AM

Quick answer to my old topic :

Hard Disk was faulty : iMac has been repaired at Apple store (hopefully, it was still under warranty-period) and changed my Hard Disk.

Thanks to Time Machine : I had no impact on any documents and everything is fine since then (more than 1year)

Hope this might help ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2012 2:25 AM in response to Yoyor94

Quick answer to my old topic :

Hard Disk was faulty : iMac has been repaired at Apple store (hopefully, it was still under warranty-period) and changed my Hard Disk.

Thanks to Time Machine : I had no impact on any documents and everything is fine since then (more than 1year)

Hope this might help ...

Invalid node structure or key lenght

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.