Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Logic 7 with Alesis Multimix8 Firewire...problem

Hi there,

I'm running Logic 7 on my 2GHz Macbook (White) with Snow Leopard 10.6 and an Alesis Mutlimix 8 Firewire. The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to get the playback or output to come back through the Interface. I have done all the normal things of checking the audio midi setup (both in utilities and in Logic itself) but to no avail. The signal is definitely getting from the Multimix to the computer as I can record things, but I don't seem to be getting anything coming back. I tried doing the same in thing in Garageband but got the same outcome, which makes me think its not something in Logic that I'm doing wrong. in GB, I even set the output to the built-in out put, at which point I was able to hear playback through the speakers. I've been through the logic manual and the mutlimix one but can't find anything that helps - I do everything they suggest but get nothing. Any help?!

K

White Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 3:00 PM

2 replies

Sep 15, 2011 4:11 PM in response to geordie_drummer

I've used the Alesis MutlMix. I'm not infront of one right now, but if I remember right, you need to have the "2 track" button in the source button area engaged, or perhaps have the "2 track to mix" button down as well. I don't remember the combo, but I seem to remember that what you had selected on the mixer wasn't altogether intuitive.

I had this problem when a bad cat (feline, not some ultra-hip saxophonist) walked across my mixer while I wasn't looking, and it took hours to figure out;)

Sep 19, 2011 7:43 PM in response to dscorzish

I am in front of an Alesis board now. If you have your monitors connected to the Main Outs, then the 2TK TO MIX Button must be depressed, and the Main Mix fader will control the level of playback.

If you have your monitors connected to the CTRL RM OUT, then only the 2 TK button should be depressed, and the Headphone/Control Rm Knob will control the level of playback.

Hope this is the problem, and it works. The nice thing about this setup is you can connect two sets of monitors and mix with either signal and quickly move between the two.

Also, I'm assuming you've updated to the latest drivers and firmware on the Alesis site. I think they've stopped updating, but if you installed a driver from a disk, I'm pretty sure it will be older than what you can download.

Using Logic 7 with Alesis Multimix8 Firewire...problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.