Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I import Snow Leopard contacts into Address Book on Mac OS X Lion?

Did a clean install of Lion onto a new hard drive, now I don't have my contacts. I do however have them on my old hard drive with Snow Leopard still on it. Can I copy the files to Lion, and if so, how do I do that?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.1), 2GB RAM 320GB HD

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 3:27 PM

Old hard drive: User>Library>Application Support> AddressBook folder. Copy entire folder to desk top of new hard drive.

New hard drive: From the Finder hold down the option key and select Go from the menu and click on Library. Open Application Support and copy the file from your desktop into it replacing whatever AddressBook folder got created.

Now launch Address Book app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2011 3:27 PM in response to squierjosh

Old hard drive: User>Library>Application Support> AddressBook folder. Copy entire folder to desk top of new hard drive.

New hard drive: From the Finder hold down the option key and select Go from the menu and click on Library. Open Application Support and copy the file from your desktop into it replacing whatever AddressBook folder got created.

Now launch Address Book app.

Can I import Snow Leopard contacts into Address Book on Mac OS X Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.