Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 got wet; keeps trying to turn itself off.

I accidently got water all over my iPhone and i dried it out with rice and a blow drier. Everything works except the power/lock button is malfunctioning. It randomly locks and the screen lights up and the shut-off slide screen keeps appearing. How can I get this to stop?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.2

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 4:13 PM

If your phone is completely dry now and still acting up, then it has sustained irrepairable water damage. You will need to get your phone repaired. You can bring it in to Apple for an out of warranty exchange for $199.00 USD

6 replies

Sep 7, 2011 4:38 PM in response to ls061495

I am assuming you alread tried a full Reset (hold down the sleep and home buttons, ignore the off slider, wait for the Apple logo, let the buttons go)? If that does not work try Restoring it as a new phone in iTunes.

Just for future reference, using a hair dryer on an small electronic device is a bad idea, it blows moisture even farther into the device. Only resort to using it if you have disassembled the entire device.

iPhone 4 got wet; keeps trying to turn itself off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.