Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4 lock button is stuck and Ive had my phone for over a year. What do I do.

My iPhone 4 lock/home button is stuck and I'm out of warranty. How much will it cost to fix the button cause I have no other problems. Or will they cover it because people were saying it's a defect?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 6:11 PM

10 replies

Oct 18, 2011 2:21 PM in response to NicJD1111

I just had the same problem - top button gets stuck.

I went to Genius Bar here in San Francisco, but since its out of warranty, they wanted $200 to get a new phone. At leastits less than the $400 the original iPhone I have cost (and still works).

Well, since that *****, I told them no. $200 just to fix a button that was poorly designed and the phone is designed so that I cant open it up easily?

May 15, 2012 5:05 PM in response to Larry23

Ok, so I'm having the same problem with my phone. I did the genius bar thing today, and they told me the same thing. However, since this hadn't been posted on here yet, I'll go ahead and add it. My genius guy figured out that if you use the accessibility option (settings>general>accessibility>assistive touch>on) you'll get a touch button that will appear on your screen at all times. Slightly annoying, but you can move it around so it's out of your way. It has several commands, if you tap it, and then hit "device" there's a "lock screen" option. This also works to shut the phone off by pressing and holding. However, to turn your phone back on, you'll have to plug it in. Hope this helps someone!

May 15, 2012 5:20 PM in response to cswift22

I was able to pay someone to replace the button completely for much less than what Apple wanted.

Here's a link to the place I had it done:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/fix-my-phone-sf-san-francisco

I can understand why Apple has a 1 year warranty, but I believe a busted power button constitutes a design flaw and thus is defective (much like the iBook logic board from 2003 we had to sue them over).

( http://www.apple.com/au/support/ibook/faq/ )

If Apple wasnt the biggest and most profitable company in the world, and instead the nice little apple I used to know, I'd have more sympathy.

-Matt Bouchard

San francisco

My iPhone 4 lock button is stuck and Ive had my phone for over a year. What do I do.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.