Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo! in iChat Spammy Help please!

So i don't know how to describe this but when someone sends me a message it duplicates itshelf into multiple messages all the same i will post a screen shot so maybe someone can help me out with this.

User uploaded file

So that is how messages appear when someone messages me. Anyone that knows what to do im a bit scarred that its somekind of Malware or virus or something please HELP!

Posted on Sep 8, 2011 3:21 AM

4 replies

Sep 8, 2011 1:25 PM in response to Even M

Hi,

Yahoo app (both the PC version and the Mac Beta version) can do "Send As I type"

In iChat this applies as a setting only to the Bonjour account

(go to iChat Menu > Preferences > Accounts and highlight the Bonjour Option)

For some reason there is a cross over between this and the Yahoo account.

Untick the Send as I type Box.

You may find you have to get your Buddy to do this at their end so they are not sending parts of messages.

What gets sent normally gets longer but will depend on how fast they type.

User uploaded file
9:18 PM Thursday; September 8, 2011

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb( 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Message was edited by: Ralph Johns (UK) Changed a typo (Does not mean there are not more But I corrected the one I spotted).

Sep 8, 2011 2:12 PM in response to Jenny B

Hi,

I have just been testing between the Yahoo for Mac Beta and the web IM Messenger that they do.

AS I typed in the web Version the message I was typing was displayed in the Beta Like iChat displays Ellipses for other Messages.

As I stopped typing it disappeared.

As soon as I hit enter the "Feature" appeared to stop and I could not get it back and it was replaced by "User is Typing at both end (depending which end was typing).

I cannot find any settings in the Yahoo for Mac Beta or the web browser version to change this.

I am wondering if there has been a new version of the PC version.

User uploaded file
10:11 PM Thursday; September 8, 2011

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb( 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Yahoo! in iChat Spammy Help please!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.