Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Lion 10.7.1 Bug(s)

I've managed to reproduce one of the glitches that seem to come along with Lion. After pluggin in my iPhone, iTunes will automatically open up in fullscreen and open it's own desktop; which is correct. After using Safari in fullscreen, I use Expose, and go back to my desktop, but I can no longer see my desktop wallpaper and desktop files. Here's a screenshot:

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Sep 8, 2011 5:23 AM

17 replies

Sep 8, 2011 5:38 AM in response to Lunarstone101

I don't use separate desktops in Mission Control, so I can't comment on whether this happens here or not. But it sounds like you have identified something that happens reproducibly, and it's obviously incorrect, so you should report it on the Apple Feedback Page, and if you are willing to sign up for a free developer membership, you can also report it using the Apple Bug Reporter.

Sep 8, 2011 5:43 AM in response to jumbz55

There's a host of bugs in lion. Mission control doesn't work properly, freezing, system hangs, not ejecting usb disks. I'm seriously upset about it.... if there's not update soon I will be requesting a refund.

Lunarstone101 is reporting one specific bug. Your problems are not bugs, from the sounds of it, and contribute nothing to this topic. You need to start your own topic with details about your problems so someone can help you solve them. The problems you describe are not normal.

Sep 8, 2011 7:55 AM in response to jumbz55

As far As I'm concerened they are bugs. I've been having the exact same problems over the last week or so having installed the latest Lion patch.

My iMac won't shut down, finder keeps hanging, drives are not ejecting properly. Having to hold the power button down to shut the computer down isn't really on.

Apple need to sort this out fast as my computer is almost unuseable.

Sep 8, 2011 8:22 AM in response to dantonkin

Many people seem to be having the same problems

If you go to a tire store because your tire is flat, it's likely you'll find others with the same problem there. That doesn't mean there's a widespread tire problem.

and this has only started to happen since the last set of updates.

Nonsense! People have been complaining about the same things as you since day 1 that Lion was released. And since 10.6.8 was released. And since 10.6.7 was released. And since 10.6.6 was released. And since 10.6.5 was released. And so on. See a pattern?

Finder crashing is not a bug. Failure to shut down is not a bug. Drives not ejecting is not a bug. Those are problems with your system, and there are people here who would be glad to help you fix it if you'll just go post details on your own topic.

If you insist on waiting for Apple to fix the problem, you'll be waiting a long time.

Sep 8, 2011 8:36 AM in response to thomas_r.

Just because it only affects some users and not others doesn't mean its not a bug. What makes it a bug is whether the problem occurs because of the programming. Some coding issues might only arise in very specific contexts, and those contexts might occur in only a very few situations or in highly unusual software/hardware combinations.

Sep 8, 2011 9:09 AM in response to dantonkin

What a nice chap you are. Thanks.

??? What, you want me to tell you something like, "Wow, stinks to be you, too bad there's nothing you can do about it so you'd better just live with it and hope someone else fixes it." The power to solve your problem is in YOUR hands, it's your choice to use it. If you think telling you that is a disservice... well, there's nothing I can do for you, then.

Sep 8, 2011 4:14 PM in response to Lunarstone101

If the Safari fullscreen problem is reproducible for you, it would be great to have more information. Filing a bug would be the best way to communicate the info, but in the absence of that, perhaps you could include specific steps here. Some questions:

Do you have Safari assigned to a particular desktop?

Does this happen every time you take a Safari window into full screen?

What are your steps for using Exposé to go back to your desktop? Eg. do you enter mission control, or use some other Exposé mode?

OS X Lion 10.7.1 Bug(s)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.