Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would Like a Quick Tutorial on certain Symbols in iTunes

I'm running 10.1.4.10 and would just like to know what the following mean:

In both the Podcasts folder of iTunes itself and under Devices> iPod Touch, what is the field with the sometimes half-blue, fully blue dot represent?

Again, my handle says it all about my understanding of Apple products in general. They're rugged, almost never crash, but operate akin to a car that does not use a steering wheel to steer. Help!

iPod touch, iOS 4.3.3, ipod touch syncing podcast

Posted on Sep 8, 2011 7:25 AM

13 replies

Sep 8, 2011 8:04 AM in response to iKLutzSupreme

This forum is for questions from those managing sites on iTunes U, Apple's service for colleges and universities to post educational material in the iTunes Store. You'll be most likely to get help with this issue if you ask in the general iTunes forums.

Answering quickly, though, see:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=iTunesWin/10.2/en/itns1ec51117.html

(this is from the Help file in iTunes on your computer, a very useful resource).

Regards.

Sep 8, 2011 8:13 AM in response to varjak paw

"Document not found

The article you're looking for could not be found. Please start over, search Apple's Knowledge Base, or visit the Discussion area.

The Knowledge Base contains technical information for Apple Products. Apple's Discussion Forum area allows you to search previous customer questions and answers, or post a new question which may be answered by other Apple customers, or Apple Representatives. "

Thanks Dave!

Sep 8, 2011 10:12 AM in response to varjak paw

Can you please tell me how you got it to work. I even tried pasting it into a new Explorer window and still got same message. It gets very frustrating when a link works for one user but not another.

BTW I found the information about the blue circles in one of the more likes: The phase of the blue circle indicates either you have hard all the podcasts in that group(full blue) or you have unheard podcasts(half blue).

Thanks.

Sep 9, 2011 10:01 AM in response to iKLutzSupreme

As I said, your web browser may be picking up an extraneous soft line break that the forum software may be inserting, something it has a tendency to do with text that doesn't fit on a single line. Some browsers will accept and ignore such a soft return, but others take that as a full break, which will cause a URL to fail. Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7 has no problem with the URL as posted above, but other browsers may, particularly earlier versions.

Regards.

Sep 10, 2011 3:54 AM in response to varjak paw

Well, this morning I can cut & paste:

Everything between pound signs:

#############

such a soft return, but others take that as a full break, which will cause a URL to fail. Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7 has no problem with the URL as posted above, but other browsers may, particularly earlier versions.

Regards.

Helpful Answer

User uploaded file User uploaded file Level 1 (0 points)

Currently Being Moderated

Re: Would Like a Quick Tutorial on certain Symbols in iTunes

Sep 9, 2011 12:08 PM ( in response to Dave Sawyer)

I'm using Explorer 9 on Vista - does that make you shudder?

#############

Would Like a Quick Tutorial on certain Symbols in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.