Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Pages work with .docx files?

I am thinking of installing iWork, but cannot tell from Apple promotion pieces if it works with MS Office 2007 and later, which store files in .docx or .exlx format. Does anyone know if Pages works well with later MS formats?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iWork

Posted on Sep 8, 2011 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2011 10:19 AM

I have opened several .docx files with Pages. You have to define what "work well" means to you though.

3 replies

Sep 8, 2011 8:25 PM in response to tpurcell3

Shortly after the secretary of a group I belong to got Word 2007, Pages '09 on my Mac became the defacto gateway through which his files passed to make them readable on another member's Mac (with AppleWorks) and by a couple of PC owners who were still using earlier versions of MS Office. For the fairly simple files (meeting minutes) Pages '09 apparently worked quite well for this task. Several "Thank you"s, no complaints.

An iWork '09 30 day trial is available for download. It's the full version for 30 days. After the trial period it loses the ability to save or print unless a user licence is purchased and entered. 30 days should be enough for a fair trial of it's suitability to your purposes.

Regards,

Barry

Will Pages work with .docx files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.